The CGHS Newspaper

Summer Movies 2k18

All pictures from google and made into a collage by BeFunky

Brianna Candino, Staff Reporter

This summer is filled with movie releases after movie releases. Luckily we have some of the top movies coming out. The Summer list of movies starts s on  June 8th, with the very awaited thrilling and terrifying Hereditary. It is about the matriarch of the family has passed. After her passing, the family begins to unravel the cryptic ancestors left behind. The family begins to run from the sinister past but can they escape?. Many people say it is going to be the scariest movie of 2018.

June 15th the long-awaited sequel to Incredibles will be released. Fans all around the world have been wanting one since the first movie ended and the producers have answered. This movie will be mostly focused on elastigirl and Mr. Incredible trying to raise the super kids. While Jack jack will be trying to figure out his power.

A rebirth of Jurassic Park, in 2015 to a sequel being released June 22, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. It takes place four years after the destruction of Jurassic World. Owen Grady and Claire Dearing return to the island, Island Isla Nublar. They have come to save the remaining dinosaurs from a volcanic eruption. Upon return, they find new species of dinosaurs and new secrets that could ruin the world.

Everyone thought that the Purge series would be over after their last one in 2016. Little did they know that July 4th, 2018 there would be a new Purge released, The First Purge. This purge will show how it all started. It will start with the founding fathers planning and creating the idea of the violence once a year. It starts ina trial city and when they test it, it spreads to other cities soon the whole country.  

Viewers have been waiting three years for the sequel of Ant-Man and on July 6th, Ant-Man and Wasp. Scott Lang is still struggling with the fact he is a superhero now and a father. He is needed to put the suit on once more and this time he has a sidekick, Wasp. She helps him fight and watches out for him. As usual with every Marvel movie, there is humor mixed with action.

This summer is filled with action-packed movies. There is never a dull moment this summer for movies. The summer movies start on June 8th and don’t stop from there.