The CGHS Newspaper

Where dreams come true

This is from Walt Disney Wiki
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/File:Walt-Disney-Screencaps-The-Walt-Disney-Logo-walt-disney-characters-31865565-2560-1440.jpg

This is from Walt Disney Wiki http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/File:Walt-Disney-Screencaps-The-Walt-Disney-Logo-walt-disney-characters-31865565-2560-1440.jpg

Brianna Candino, Staff Reporter

“When you wish upon a star makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.”

Disney is known for its magic, joy, and bringing people together. Many people go there for the holidays and summer vacation.  Even though Disney is supposed to be the happiest place on earth, there can be an issue or two from time to time. The real struggle of going, especially as a parent, is the right time to bring your child. When some are asked when they want to go to Disney many people say, “Whenever!” like Tracy Moreno ‘20 who stated, “Anytime, no matter what your age is you will have fun.”

While this opinion can be true, there is always a posing question: do parents really want to be changing diapers in the amusement park?

English and journalism teacher, Mrs. Miller, answered the question by saying that she would wait until her kids are “out of diapers.” Younger kids will not remember the trip especially if they are still near the age around infancy. Do you really remember anything when you were in diapers?

There are many reasons to go to Disney with all the attractions and events that take place. Disney has an event for every holiday such as Christmas, Halloween, Easter and many more. During Christmas time Disney is packed because many people go there to spend their holidays with their friends and family.

Yes Disney can seem very overwhelming when you are planning to go and when getting there but here are a few tips to help you. First you need to know when the best time to go is. This is a vital point to make your trip great. Many people have suggested to go mid November and  December but make sure to not go during Thanksgiving. Tracy Moreno ‘20 stated “I went multiple times in November and every time it was not very crowded.” Kathy Kochanowski ‘20 suggested to get a fastpass especially if you don’t like waiting in lines. “If that is too much money that you just don’t want to spend then go to the parks early in the day” suggested by Taylor St.Laurent ‘20. Many people suggests to make reservations when you plan the trip. This will confirm that you will always have a place to eat.

To have the full Disney experience, Natalie Castellano ‘20  highly recommend the Disney Hotels. A good hotel to choose is the  Polynesian Village Resort. This resort has a beach where you can watch movies at night. It also has a lilo and stitch club for little kids. The club has many activities to keep the kids busy all day. This way the parents can enjoy a nice day by the pool or beach. This hotel is in the 400 dollar range, it is one of the more expensive ones. Another option is the Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. This resort is filled with all the animations from every disney film. Many people suggests this is resort if your kids are really into art. This hotel has many fun activities to do with the whole family such as movies under the star, pixel play arcade and bike rentals. For parents who love to get in a morning jog or run they have a trail for you. This hotel also have children clubhouses and you can even request an in room babysister. This Resort starts anywhere from around 130 dollars. Both resorts offer transportation to the parks and back. Both hotels are great and each one has great amenities to offer. There are many options out there but these ones really stand out.